Alliance for Better Care Ltd (ABC) is a federation of GP practices whose Directors were determined by formal election from the member practices and comprise experienced local GPs and local Practice Managers. It was registered with Company’s House, as a Company Limited by Shares, on 27th November 2014 with the aim to deliver efficiency, quality and a stronger local health economy.
We are committed to working with East Surrey Clinical Commissioning Group to develop a larger primary care and integrated workforce that provides increased access to meet the increasing physical health, mental health and social care needs of the population that we serve, and will:
- Improve access to services, for both routine and urgent care
- Enhance and complement existing service provision within primary care
- Provide a high level of patient satisfaction
- Ensure consistency in service provision across all practices in East Surrey
- Improve health outcomes and quality of life, particularly for people with long term conditions and complex needs
- Provide value for money and reduce expenditure in acute services.
During its first two years in operation, ABC focused on opportunities to develop itself as a vibrant and active federation, as well as supporting commissioner objectives, within the following areas:
- Urgent care provision, developing the pilot for the GP in SASH A&E
- Extended access provision, setting up a GP-led pilot service at Caterham Dene
- Initiatives working with First Community Health & Care (FCHC)
- Local initiatives that support shareholder practices and the local area
Together with East Surrey Clinical Commissioning Group we believe that this will be achieved through development of a multispeciality community provider (MCP) care model based on robust GP practice networks working with local partners.