Alliance for Better Care Ltd (ABC) is a Federation of GP practices covering East Surrey, Crawley, Horsham and Mid-Sussex.
We are committed to working with East Surrey, Crawley, Horsham and Mid-Sussex Clinical Commissioning Groups to develop a larger primary care and integrated workforce that provides increased access to meet the increasing physical health, mental health and social care needs of the population that we serve. We aim to:
- Improve access to services, for both routine and urgent care
- Enhance and complement existing service provision within primary care
- Provide a high level of patient satisfaction
- Ensure consistency in service provision across all practices in East Surrey, Crawley, Horsham and Mid-Sussex
- Improve health outcomes and quality of life, particularly for people with long term conditions and complex needs
- Provide value for money and reduce expenditure in acute services.
ABC’s directors were determined by formal election from the member practices and comprise experienced local GPs and local Practice Managers. It was registered with Company’s House, as a Company Limited by Shares, on 27th November 2014 with the aim to deliver efficiency, quality and a stronger local health economy.
ABC has focused on becoming a vibrant and active Federation, that supports commissioner objectives within the following areas:
- Urgent care provision, developing the pilot for the GP in SASH A&E
- Extended access provision, setting up a GP-led pilot service at Caterham Dene
- Initiatives working with First Community Health & Care (FCHC)
- Local initiatives that support shareholder practices and the local area
Together with the Clinical Commissioning Groups, we believe that we can achieve our objectives by helping to develop a multi-speciality community provider (MCP) care model, which is based on robust GP practice networks working with local partners.