- Am I ready? How do I apply for an apprenticeship?
- Apprenticeship Overview
- Apprenticeships in Primary Care – booklet
- Health & Social Care Employer Guide – Primary Care
- Leadership Development for Primary Care
- Case Studies
Funding Apprenticeship Programmes
Apprenticeship programmes are funded through the Apprenticeship Levy. If you are a levy paying practice then the course fees would be paid through your apprenticeship levy system (DAS). Most GP practices are non-levy paying employers which means there are two possible routes to receiving funding:
- Co-investment – The government will fund 95% of the course fees and the remaining 5% will be paid by the GP practice at a monthly rate for the duration of the apprenticeship. Anything over the specified cap will be paid by the GP practice.
- Transfer of Levy- Employers can use the transfer of levy process to fund apprenticeships in organisations that they work with across an integrated care system (ICS/ICP) for programmes linked to the ICP/ICS priorities. The levy paying employer will fund 100% of the apprenticeship programme. Further information can be found here. Guidance on the Apprenticeship Levy Transfer Process can be found here.
All trusts and large organisations across Surrey Heartlands are committed to transferring their levy to support East Surrey GP Practices and PCN’s, to develop their workforce. Click here to download the form to request funds through this route and access a fully funded training programme.
For practices in Sussex the transfer of levy is still available through Sussex organisations. Please contact the Mid Downs Training Hub at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Podiatrist Apprenticeship Level 6 and Level 7 – University of Plymouth
The University of Plymouth has recently introduced new Podiatry Degree Apprenticeship Programmes. The Podiatry team have developed two innovative pathways into the podiatry profession; a BSc (Hons) and MSc Pre-registration Podiatry Degree Apprenticeship programme, which sits alongside their traditional undergraduate BSc (Hons) Podiatry Programme. The programme is delivered using a blended learning approach which does not require the apprentice to travel to Plymouth for any part of the programme. Click here to view a brochure with more information about these degree programmes. If you are interested and would like to find out more, please contact the Mid-Downs Training Hub (email@example.com) to discuss further.