- This event has passed.
Advanced Diabetes – Treating Types 1 & 2
July 24, 2019 @ 9:15 am - 4:00 pm
PLEASE ENSURE YOU CONSULT YOUR PRACTICE MANAGER BEFORE BOOKING ONTO ANY TRAINING COURSES. THANK YOU.
Aim & learning objectives
To provide clinicians with the knowledge and understanding of the different treatment options for individuals with Type 1 & 2 diabetes
- Describe the action of the different OHA’s & GLP-1 analogues; including side-effects
- Recognise the factors that influence choice
- Recognise the factors which can impact concordance
- Respond to patients concerns/questions regarding medication options for managing Type 2 diabetes
- Measure effectiveness of medication choice
- Discuss when Insulin transfer may be appropriate and points to consider
- Explore the different insulin regimens available and appropriate for Type 2 diabetes
- Explore newer insulin therapies and treatment regimens for Type 1 diabetes