- This event has passed.
Immunisation (2 Day Initial Foundation Course) – For Registered Practitioners
November 7, 2019 @ 8:00 am - November 8, 2019 @ 4:30 pm
PLEASE ENSURE YOU CONSULT YOUR PRACTICE MANAGER BEFORE BOOKING ONTO ANY TRAINING COURSES. THANK YOU.
Trainer: Amiira Bodheea // Screening and Immunisation Manager
2 day immunisation training in line with the Health Protection Agency National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training
Course Aim: To equip Registered Practitoners with the latest guidance on the national immunisation programmes, and raise awareness to available resources to respond to the challenges encountered in Primary Care whilst delivering adult and childhood immunisations. The National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training (HPA 2005) recommends an initial 2 day course for all staff involved in immunisation. The rationale for the length and content of training required is based on the complexity of the immunisation schedule,
- Aims of immunisation policies – Warm up Quiz
- The Immune System and how vaccines work
- Vaccine preventable disease: incidence and epidemiology
- Cold Chain- storage and handling of vaccines
- Types of vaccine
- The UK vaccination programme
- PHE algorithm for uncertain or incomplete immunisation status
- Communicating with parents and patients
- Administration of vaccines and vaccine reaction
- Documentation, record keeping and reporting
- Strategies for improving up take rates
- Quiz, Scenarios, Competency assessment in workplace.