- This event has passed.
Immunisations Workshop for HCAs
September 11, 2019 @ 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
PLEASE ENSURE YOU CONSULT YOUR PRACTICE MANAGER BEFORE BOOKING ONTO ANY TRAINING COURSES. THANK YOU.
This is a workshop to refresh clinical knowledge pertaining to immunisations and vaccinations. The workshop will cover areas such as:
• Legislation relevant to vaccine administration by different healthcare professionals
• Influenza, shingles and pneumococcal disease, including vaccine recommendations
• Off-label use of vaccines
• Vaccine ordering, storage and handling
• Vaccine incidents
• Anaphylaxis recognition and management
• Support and supervision of Health Care Assistants involved in vaccination
• Competency assessment – Vaccine administration
Healthcare Assistants involved in administration of immunisations/vaccinations in Primary Care.
Tea and coffee will be provided.