- This event has passed.
Immunisations Workshop for HCAs
June 20, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
PLEASE ENSURE YOU CONSULT YOUR PRACTICE MANAGER BEFORE BOOKING ONTO ANY TRAINING COURSES. THANK YOU.
This is a workshop to refresh clinical knowledge pertaining to immunisations and vaccinations. The workshop will cover areas such as:
• Legislation relevant to vaccine administration by different healthcare professionals
• Influenza, shingles and pneumococcal disease, including vaccine recommendations
• Off-label use of vaccines
• Vaccine ordering, storage and handling
• Vaccine incidents
• Anaphylaxis recognition and management
• Support and supervision of Health Care Assistants involved in vaccination
• Competency assessment – Vaccine administration
Healthcare Assistants involved in administration of immunisations/vaccinations in Primary Care.
Tea and coffee will be provided.
Please use free car park around corner from church, near Innes Pavillion, accessed by following Court Lodge Road around the estate. There is a direct walking route to the church which only takes a few minutes.