- This event has passed.
Immunisations Workshop for Registered Professionals
September 4, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
PLEASE ENSURE YOU CONSULT YOUR PRACTICE MANAGER BEFORE BOOKING ONTO ANY TRAINING COURSES. THANK YOU.
This is a workshop to refresh clinical knowledge pertaining to immunisations and vaccinations. The workshop will cover areas such as:
• Importance of vaccination and recent epidemiology of vaccine preventable diseases
• Vaccination timeline and recent changes to vaccination schedule
• Current issues in immunisation – use of vaccines off-label
• Vaccine ordering, storage and handling
• Vaccine incidents
• Patient Group Directions for Vaccination
• Competency assessment – Vaccine administration and PGDs
Registered professionals (e.g. Practice nurses, paramedic practitioners, Pharmacists) involved in administration of immunisations/vaccinations in Primary Care.
Tea and coffee will be provided.
Please use free car park around corner from church, near Innes Pavillion, accessed by following Court Lodge Road around the estate. There is a direct walking route to the church which only takes a few minutes.