- This event has passed.
Immunisations Workshop for Registered Professionals
June 4, 2019 @ 9:15 am - 3:15 pm
PLEASE ENSURE YOU CONSULT YOUR PRACTICE MANAGER BEFORE BOOKING ONTO ANY TRAINING COURSES. THANK YOU.
This is a workshop to refresh clinical knowledge pertaining to immunisations and vaccinations. The workshop will cover areas such as:
• Importance of vaccination and recent epidemiology of vaccine preventable diseases
• Vaccination timeline and recent changes to vaccination schedule
• Current issues in immunisation – use of vaccines off-label
• Vaccine ordering, storage and handling
• Vaccine incidents
• Patient Group Directions for Vaccination
• Competency assessment – Vaccine administration and PGDs
Registered professionals (e.g. Practice nurses, paramedic practitioners, Pharmacists) involved in administration of immunisations/vaccinations in Primary Care.
Tea and coffee will be provided.
Please use nearby public car parks for this event as there is no parking available at the venue.