ABC have provided urgent primary care services to patients who are required to quarantine after returning to the UK from red list countries. This has been provided at 10 sites around Gatwick, since April. From October 1st, ABC will also be providing on-site medical cover at each location to support patients in accessing medical advice, support and signposting to other services, including the ongoing urgent primary care service.
Who does the service cover?
The Managed Quarantine Service covers UK nationals quarantining after returning to the UK from red list countries. These patients should all be UK citizens, with NHS numbers and registered with UK GP. Therefore they may require advice for non urgent issues, support accessing medication and signposting to other urgent services during their stay.
Whenever possible, we aim to ensure that people can resolve any health concerns without needing to leave the hotel and so those providing the service need to be proactive in supporting patients before issues escalate and helping them navigate access to their own GP or other services.
Roles available, we are now recruiting:
- Practice Nurses
- Clinical Pharmacists
- Administrative staff
Those working in the service will be part of a team with Clinical and Management leadership and access to dedicated GP advice. Administrative staff will support clinical staff in getting clear and helpful information on the position in each hotel.
Areas of responsibility
- To provide advice and treatment where appropriate, to patients on-site who cannot receive this from their registered GP
- Support in signposting to urgent services if necessary
- Liaison with Maternity pathway staff for pregnant women
- Liaison with ABC on call GP service
- Signposting patients
- Exchange of clinical information between providers
- Escalation of urgent patient issues
- Support to remote medical staff
- Support to operations team
How to sign up
For those working overnight, you will be required to stay until the last red list country flight has arrived (usually by midnight, notwithstanding delays etc). You can then work the remainder of the session from home but will have to return any IT equipment to the site before the shift handover at 08:00.
Sessions are currently remunerated at £30 per hour for clinical roles, £15 for non-clinical. The way you will receive payment will depend on your arrangements with the ABC Associates Team who will advise you of this e.g. through zero hours contract, through current employer, self employed.
|Copthorne Gatwick||Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick, Copthorne Way, Crawley, RH10 3PG|
|Sandman Signature Gatwick||18-23 Tinsley Lane South, Three Bridges, Crawley West Sussex RH10 8XH|
|Courtyard by Marriott||Gatwick Airport, South Terminal, RH6 0NT|
|Sofitel London Gatwick||North Terminal, Gatwick Airport, West Sussex, RH6 0PH|
|Four Point by Sheraton Gatwick||Horley Row, Horley, RH6 8PH|
|Arora Hotel||Southgate Avenue, Crawley, RH10 6LW|
|Effingham Park Hotel||West Park Road, Copthorne, Felbridge, RH10 3EU|
|Hampton by Hilton||Gatwick Airport North Terminal, Longbridge House, Gatwick RH6 0PJ|
|Radisson RED||Church Rd, Lowfield Heath, Crawley RH11 0PQ|
|Holiday Inn||Crabbet Park, Turners Hill Road, Worth, Crawley, RH10 4SS|
- There is an on call GP service to support 08:00-20:00
- Each site has a DHSC Liaison Officer and Security staff to support with patient transport etc
- Translation services are available on site and via remote services such as language line
- ABC will provide IT equipment and training
- There is a dedicate Project Manager and Admin support for staff working in this service