Sunday 27th June | 9am – 2pm
Hindu Temple, Apple Tree Centre, Crawley RH11 0LF
This Quiet Session is being offered to people living in Sussex who are currently eligible for the vaccine and who may need more time for their appointment, or who have extra access needs where a quieter and calmer environment would help support them to receive their vaccination. This includes:
- People with learning disabilities
- People who are autistic
- People living with a neurodiverse condition
- People with Dementia and/or Alzheimer’s
You can book your carer in at the same time if they need their first vaccination dose and we can help you arrange free transport or a live British Sign Language interpreter.
To book your appointment
Call or text Claire Evans on 07393 798 050 or email ClaireEvans4@nhs.net
We will take relevant details and pass on any additional information to the vaccination team to make the journey on the day as smooth as possible. We will need to know your:
- Name and Date of Birth
- Email address and or Phone Number
- NHS number (if you know it)
- What support you would like on the day
The Quiet Session at the Hindu Temple, Apple Tree Centre Crawley will offer:
- Fewer appointments, so less people will be there during the session
- Longer appointments to give you more time
- 1:1 care for everyone receiving their vaccination
- The entire appointment will be on the ground floor
- Everyone will be offered the Pfizer vaccine
- Free transport for anyone who needs it (see below for details)
What will happen when I arrive at the Quiet Session?
- A vaccinator will greet each patient at the entrance and support them through the hall to a quiet and private Vaccination area
- All staff will be wearing clear visors so you can see their faces, which will also help those who need to lip read.
- The vaccinator will take you through all aspects of the process on a 1:1 basis, including clinical assessment and vaccination.
- We have one hall at the Hindu Temple, Apple Tree Centre and have a wheelchair ramp at the entrance
- Each person can bring a carer who can be present throughout their journey. Your carer can also have their first vaccination booked at the same time if they haven’t already received it.
- There will be a small number of appointments being offered, which allows us to give you much more time for your vaccination (up to 20 minutes) and have one vaccinator per patient to support you throughout.
If you need support with transport to get to the Hindu Temple Apple Tree Centre for your appointment during the Quiet Session, you can call the travel team on 01444 275 008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A travel coordinator will ask you a few questions, and will help arrange for you to have a safe COVID-secure journey.
If you have a question about the Quiet Session on Sunday 27th June at the Hindu Temple, Apple Tree Centre, please call or text Claire Evans on , 07393 798 050 or email ClaireEvans4@nhs.net. Please leave a voicemail or text if there is no response and someone will get back to you as soon as they can.
You can view more information about the vaccination programme online, including details of the services available in each area, latest data, answers to frequently asked questions and links to all the national leaflets and materials.